The basic requirements:
- Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB) accredited bachelor of engineering degree or academic qualifications approved by the Board of Examiners
- 48 months of engineering experience with Canadian environment content approved through the Mentor Program or by the Board of Examiners
- acceptable references
- successful completion of the National Professional Practice Exam
EIT to Full Member or
Board Approved Assessment Applicants to Full Member (Assessment to Full Member)
You must upload all the following required documents with your application:
- completed Online Application
- when you are ready to submit your online application, you will be asked to "Submit Application and Pay Now". The payment amount required is the application fee only. Fees here. An invoice will be generated in you online account for the additional required fees and dues once your application is processed.
- three references who have known you for a minimum of 12 months - two references must be Professional Engineers in good standing with an Association of Professional Engineers in Canada
- a one-page summary of your work experience. The summary will be forwarded to your references for confirmation
- current resume
- current, valid, government issued, photo identification with your signature
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your application.
Work experience forms and guidelines are available below:
A digital signature (stamp) is available. Click here for more information.
NEW P.ENG. SPECIAL FEATURE PUBLICATION "NEW"
Engineers Nova Scotia publishes a special feature to highlight our new P.Eng. on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). After you
receive your P.Eng. if you would like to be included in this special feature, please provide the following, indicating implied consent to publish:
- A good quality profile picture that you are comfortable having published
- Area of Practice
- Future Goals – a one or two line synopsis of your future plans/aspirations
Any photos or text that may create a negative perception of the profession or the Association will not be published. Text may be adjusted slightly to fit into the final format.
If Engineers Nova Scotia does not receive the above requested items, your name will not be included in our special publication.
Please send the above items to Christine Larocque, Director, Communications & IT at email@example.com when applying for P.Eng.