Graduates with an undergraduate engineering degree from an International University and graduates with an engineering related undergraduate science degree must apply for an assessment by the Engineers Nova Scotia Board of Examiners.
A World Education Services (WES) ICAP course-by-course credential assessment is now required for an assessment by the Board of Examiners. You must select Engineers Nova Scotia as a recipient of the report. Apply here.
- A World Education Services (WES) ICAP course-by-course evaluation sent to Engineers Nova Scotia from WES
- completed Online Application for Assessment
- assessment application fee (fees here)
- copy of your transcript of marks for your undergraduate engineering degree and any post graduate engineering degrees, officially translated to English
- official university program syllabus (course descriptions / calendar) for all years of the above degrees, officially translated to English, sent from the university or education authority in your country to Engineers Nova Scotia or copies of the relevant pages from the official university handbook*
- current resume
- detailed experience records on the Engineers Nova Scotia form (all engineering experience since completing your undergraduate degree) - PDF
- current, valid, government issued, photo identification with your signature
- confirmation of English language proficiency. When an applicant’s first language is not English, confirmation of the ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is required. Positive results of the TOEFL, education in English, or P.Eng. references may be acceptable as proof of English language proficiency.
* If you attempted to obtain course descriptions from the University and were not successful, you must submit a letter with your application advising the Engineers Nova Scotia Board of Examiners that the official program syllabi is not available from the university. If official program syllabi are not available, the Board of Examiners will attempt to perform an assessment. However, the outcome of your assessment may be affected and a more extensive exam program may be assigned.
Application Form - PDF
Experience Guidelines- PDF
Sample Diaries (Experience Records)
Pathway to Licensure
Pathway to Licensure Document - PDF
Please note: A WES ICAP evaluation is required.