Awards for Members of Engineers Nova Scotia
Each year, a number of Awards are presented to members of Engineers Nova Scotia, to acknowledge their accomplishments in the practice of engineering or service to the profession. These awards are summarized below.
Nomination information for these awards is available by clicking on one of the award names below. The call for nominations is sent to members in May of each year. For a matrix of all awards criteria and selection criteria percentages, click here.
Note: Nominations are closed for the 2018 Awards. Awards will be presented September 14th, 2018, as part of our Annual Meeting Events.
The name of the award is in recognition of J. J. Kinley, P. Eng., the first and only Engineers Nova Scotia member to hold the title of Lieutenant Governor of the Province of Nova Scotia and the first and only professional engineer to hold the position of Lieutenant Governor of any Province of Canada.
Note: Nominations are closed for the 2018 Awards. Click here for an announcement regarding the winner.
Awards for Students
- Awards available through Engineers Canada
- Awards available through the Faculty of Graduate Studies at Dalhousie University
- Awards available through Dalhousie University Faculty of Engineering
- Engineers Canada National Scholarship and Endowment Competition
A directory of all awards and their yearly winners can be found by selecting one of the award categories below:
- Award - Student Award
- Company Award - Liet. Gov. (Hon. Mention)
- Company Award - Lieutenant Governor's Award
- Convocation Award
- Engineers Canada Fellowship Award
- Members - Citizenship Award
- Members - Engineering Award
- Members - F. H. Sexton Gold Medal Award
- Members - F. H. Sexton Medal
- Members - Gold Medal Award (pre 2003)
- Members - Honorary Life Award
- Members - J. D. Fraser Service Award
- Members - Past Presidents
- Members - S.L. Devereaux Award for the Advancement of Women in Engineering
- Members - Young Engineer Award
- Members - Zone Award
- Order of Canada
- Queens' Diamond Jubliee Medal
- Students - Entrance Scholarship