Awards for Members of Engineers Nova Scotia
Each year, a number of Awards are presented to members of Engineers Nova Scotia, to acknowledge their accomplishments in the practice of engineering or service to the profession. These awards are summarized below.
Awards Presented at the Annual General Meeting
Nomination information for these awards is available by clicking on one of the award names below.The call for nominations will be sent to members in May of each year. For a matrix of all awards criteria and selection criteria percentages, click here.
Please note: Nominations are now open for the 2017 Awards. Only nominations with completed nomination packages below will be considered by the Awards Committee. Nominations are due by 3:30pm on Friday, June 30th, 2017.
- F.H. Sexton Gold Medal Award here
- J.D. Fraser Service Award here
- Citizenship Award here
- Engineering Award here
- Young Engineer Award here
- Award for the Advancement of Women in Engineering here
- Honorary Life Membership here
The name of the award is in recognition of J. J. Kinley, P. Eng., the first and only Engineers Nova Scotia member to hold the title of Lieutenant Governor of the Province of Nova Scotia and the first and only professional engineer to hold the position of Lieutenant Governor of any Province of Canada.
Note: Nominations are now open for the 2018 Awards. Nominations are due by 3:30 pm on Friday, January 26th, 2018.
- Awards available through Engineers Canada
- Awards available through the Faculty of Graduate Studies at Dalhousie University
- Awards available through Dalhousie University Faculty of Engineering
- Engineers Canada National Scholarship and Endowment Competition
A directory of all awards and their yearly winners can be found by selecting one of the award categories below:
- Award - Student Award
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Certificate of Honour
- Company Award - Liet. Gov. (Hon. Mention)
- Company Award - Lieutenant Governor's Award
- Engineers Canada Fellowship Award
- Members - Award for the Advancement of Women in Engineering
- Members - Citizenship Award
- Members - Engineering Award
- Members - F. H. Sexton Award (up to 1998)
- Members - F. H. Sexton Gold Medal Award
- Members - Gold Medal Award (pre 2003)
- Members - Honorary Life Award
- Members - J. D. Fraser Service Award
- Members - Past Presidents
- Members - Young Engineer Award
- Members - Zone Award
- Order of Canada
- Queens' Diamond Jubliee Medal
- Students - Entrance Scholarship