Graduates with an accredited undergraduate engineering degree from a Canadian University are eligible to apply for Engineer-in-Training. If applying with over 48 months of engineering experience, experience records will be submitted to the Board of Examiners for review.
- completed application signed and dated
- application fees and dues (fees here). If applying in the year of graduation for your Bachelor Degree, deduct the application fee and pay only the current year dues.
- original transcript of marks and degree certificate. Not required for Dalhousie University graduates as proof of graduation is sent to Engineers Nova Scotia by the university. If you are applying before convocation, you must provide a letter from the Registrar to confirm that you completed your degree.
- current detailed resume
- detailed and verified engineering experience records (if you have over 48 months engineering experience)
- current, valid, government issued, photo identification with your signature
Although the office is closed, Engineers Nova Scotia continues to process applications. If your University is unable to provide official transcripts during this time, request that a letter be sent by email, confirming your degree name and date of graduation, to email@example.com. You will need to submit a copy of your transcripts and degree certificate to this email address.
Application Form - PDF
Send the completed application with required documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org only. Do not send more than one copy of your application as this causes confusion and payment may be charged for each application.
Members registered in the Engineer-in-Training program, are required to document their experience on the Engineers Nova Scotia experience forms which are available below. EITs are required to keep copies of their experience records as the experience may be subject to random audits by the Board of Examiners.
- Experience Forms - PDF or Word Document
- Pre-Grad Experience Forms - PDFor Word Document
- Post-Grad Experience Forms - PDF or Word Document