To apply for Engineer-in-Training you must have a Bachelor of Engineering Degree that is:
- accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB) - CEAB Accreditation Report page 32
- from a university program covered by an International Mobility Agreement
- deemed to be equivalent and approved by the Board of Examiners after an assessment
You must upload the following documents with your application:
- completed Online Application for EIT
- When you are ready to submit your online application, you will be asked to "Submit Application and Pay Now". You will be required to pay the application fee to submit your application. An invoice will be generated in your online account for any additional required fees and dues once your application is processed. Fees here.
- Original transcript of marks sent from the University by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Engineers Nova Scotia, 1355 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS BJ3 1Y9. The transcript must show that the degree has been conferred.
- A copy of your degree certificate is required, if the transcript does not indicate that the degree has been conferred .
- To apply before convocation, you must request that a letter be sent from the University Registrar's office to Engineers Nova Scotia confirming that you have completed your degree requirements.
- Current detailed resume.
- Detailed and verified engineering experience records (if you have over 48 months of engineering experience).
- Current, valid, government issued, photo identification with your signature.
Please email email@example.com, if you have any questions about your application.
Although the office is closed, Engineers Nova Scotia continues to process applications. If your University is unable to provide official transcripts during this time, request that a letter be sent by email, confirming your degree name and date of graduation, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to submit a copy of your transcripts and degree certificate to this email address.
EITs registered in the Engineer-in-Training program, are required to locate a P.Eng. Mentor; document their engineering experience on the Engineers Nova Scotia experience record forms; submit the experience record forms to their Mentor at six month intervals and keep copies of their records as the experience may be subject to random audits by the Board of Examiners.
The forms are available below: