This page contains links and information related to environmental sustainability, climate change, and other areas that may be of interest to Professional Engineers. Note: As these are external information sources, the information is not endorsed by Engineers Nova Scotia, but is provided for information only.
Last updated: February 14, 2020
The Engineers Nova Scotia Sustainbility Committee meets on a monthly basis, and consists of members with an interest in issues related to environmental sustainability. The Terms of Reference of the committee is available click here .
Events - Check our Online Event Calendar here for upcoming events.
Engineers Canada Guidelines Click on the links below to access Topics and Guidelines managed by Engineers Canada. - National Position Statement on Climate Change - Climate Change and Engineering - White Paper on Environmental Engineering - Site Remediation for Engineers - National Guideline on Sustainable Development and Environmental Stewardship for Professional Engineers - Principles of Climate Adaptation and Mitigation for Engineers
Articles Articles written by members of the Sustainability Committee in our magazine The Engineer are below:
- Beyond Code Design Due to Climate Change, Winter 2020 - Socially Responsible Investing, Summer 2019 - Energy vs. Capacity, Winter 2018 - Al Gore and Climate Change Training, Winter 2018 - Sustainability Committee Spotlight, Fall 2018 - The Myths of Methane in Groundwater, Fall 2018 - Effecting Change Through Standards, Spring 2018
Renewable Power and Clean Energy, Fall & Winter 2017
Infrastructure Sustainability, Fall 2017
- Low Impact Development, Winter 2016
- Landscaping and Irrigation Using Greywater, Summer 2016 - Sustainable Landscaping, Summer 2016 - Sustainable Groundwater Supplies, Summer 2016 - Sustainable Forestry, Spring 2016
Articles of Interest and News The articles and news items below are from external sources and are for information only. They do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of the Sustainability Committee, or Engineers Nova Scotia Council or Staff.
- CSA Water and Flooding Solutions Factsheet - BC Introduces Climate Transparency Legislation - Secretive Energy Startup Backed by Bill Gates Achieves Solar Breakthrough Article - The Worlds Biggest Solar Power Plants Article - Renewable Energy Data
- Net-Zero Carbon Dioxide Emmisions by 2020 Article - The Three Most Important Graphs in Climate Change Article
- The Growing Market for Clean Energy Article
- Canada's Changing Climate Report - German Electric Vehicles and Emissons Article - Southwest Nova Scotia Bright Spot for Solar Power - Chronicle Herald Article April 13, 2019
- Every BC Vehicle Sold in 2040 Will be Zero Emissions - BC Government Says - California Sets Goal of 100% Renewable Electric Power by 2045 - Do you flush your contact lenses? Here's why you should stop - CNN - Climate Lns, General Guidance Document - Enfield Residents Test Tesla Power Wall - Tesla is accelerating the end of your local power producer - Worlds First Plastic Free Supermarket Aisle - The World Doubled its Solar Power Capacity in 2016 - German Institute Successfully Tests Underwater Energy Storage Sphere - Groundwater Sustainability Assessment Approach Guidance: Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment
If you have an article or event related to environmental sustainability, please email Kris Dove at email@example.com.