Apr 29, 2019 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM
The annual Dalhousie University Mechanical and Materials Engineering Conference (DUMMEC) is being held on April 29th, 2019 to showcase recent research by current graduate students in the MEng, MASc, and PhD programs. With up to 100 attendees including Dalhousie engineering undergraduate/graduate students, faculty, alumni, industry partners, and APENS members, this conference will provide an excellent opportunity to network and learn about the latest advancements in the fields of renewable energy, thermo-fluids, powder metallurgy, robotics, materials, and more.
Each year DUMMEC features an accomplished engineer keynote speaker to share their career experiences and advise students about research/industry prospects post-graduation. This year’s keynote speaker will be TUNS graduate Gary Patterson (LinkedIn), who has since gone on to become a respected engine designer for NASCAR.
Engineers Nova Scotia has sponsored 10 tickets for members, so registration is limited. If you register and cannot attend, please let us know so someone from the waitlist can go in your place.
Date: Monday April 29, 2019
Location: Dalhousie Sexton campus
· Registration: 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM outside the Irving Oil Auditorium (ground floor of the Richard Murray Design Building, Morris Street entrance)
· Keynote (Gary Patterson): 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM in the Irving Oil Auditorium (ground and 1st floors of the Richard Murray Design Building)
· Break (coffee and snacks provided): 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM in the John Lindsay Sr. Design Commons (2nd floor of the Richard Murray Design Building)
· Presentation Session #1: 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM in rooms B227, B228, B229, B311 (B Building)
· Lunch (provided): 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM in the John Lindsay Sr. Design Commons (2nd floor of the Richard Murray Design Building)
· Presentation Session #2: 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM in rooms B227, B228, B229, B311 (B Building)