Nov 15, 2018 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
October 25, 2018
I am the School Counsellor at East Antigonish Education Centre/Academy and, together with our new Student-Focused Career Practitioner, Michelle Furlong, we would like to invite you to participate in Career Day at our school on Thursday, November 15th, 2018.
We are planning for a full day of workshops and information booths at break time. If you are able to participate in a part of this day, please indicate below which time(s) work best for you and your level of participation as described below.
- Information session (30 minutes-the details of your day-to-day work, education and training required and time for question/answer)-the format is up to you and it does not have to be a formal presentation (unless you prefer it to be!)
- Workshop-how to write a resume, cover letter, interview skills, or practical skills demonstration for skills required at your workplace (carpentry/cooking/computers are available for these sessions)-These sessions would be longer, approximately 1 hour, to allow for student experience;
- Information booth: a table set up in the performing arts room during break (10:30-10:45am) or lunch (12-12:30) (please check off what time works best)
What time of day works best for you?
- 9:35-10:00am: Information Session
- 10:10-10:45am: Information Session
BREAK=10:45-11am: Information booths in the Performing Arts room
- 11:05-12pm WORKSHOPS
LUNCH 12pm-12:30 (a lunch for presenters will be hosted in our Family Resource Room)
- 12:35-1:10pm: Information Session
- 1:15-1:50pm: Information Session
CLOSING ACTIVITY 1:55-2:10pm (evaluations and prize draws)
You can return this form via fax or email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you!
Amanda Marchand, M.Ed., CCC and Michelle Furlong, B.A., B.Ed., CCDP
School Counsellor Student-Focused Career Practitioner