Jan 30, 2023 - Feb 21, 2023
Help Shape Nova Scotia’s Agencies, Boards and Commissions
The Province of Nova Scotia invites applications for volunteer positions with its Advisory Committees on Adjudicative Boards and the Citizen’s Screening Panels on Non-Adjudicative Boards. These groups meet at least twice per year to review applications and recommend qualified candidates for appointment to the Province’s adjudicative and non-adjudicative boards, such as the Labour Board, the Motor Vehicle Appeal Board, the Human Rights Commission and Library Boards.
You are encouraged to apply if you have:
• an ability to deal professionally with confidential and sensitive information
• a collaborative and flexible approach to working with others
• the capacity to make fair and objective decisions
• effective verbal communication skills
• high ethical standards and integrity
• respect for the essential dignity of all persons regardless of their circumstances, and a commitment to diversity and employment equity
Experience in candidate recruitment and selection and/or familiarity with the work of boards would be an asset.
To apply: Submit a resume and/or letter explaining how your previous work, volunteer and other experiences have prepared you to serve in this capacity to:
Executive Council Office
Governance and Accountability Unit
One Government Place
4th Floor, 1700 Granville Street
PO Box 2125
Halifax, NS. B3J 3B7
The Deadline for applications is: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
For further information, contact: ECO at 902-424- 4877 (toll free: 1-866-206-6844)
The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from
Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities
and Women in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented. If you are a member of one of
these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.