Oct 16, 2019 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Lot Six Bar & Restaurant
We hope to see you in Halifax on October 16th, 2019 for our inaugural Atlantic Canadian Mineral Processors (CMP) conference. This will be an opportunity for the industry to come together, learn and exchange on topics that are near and dear to mineral processors.
CMP is a division of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM). Given the recent heightened interest in gold in Nova Scotia, the timing was right to re-establish the CMP’s presence in the Atlantic region.
We are planning a full day of activities, including a half-day session of technical presentations, a guest speaker, a Keynote presentation, and dinner at Halifax’s Lot Six Bar & Restaurant (www.lotsix.ca).
We invite you to attend our Atlantic Canada Region CMP conference and to consider presenting at our event.
Attending the Event
The Lot Six Bar & Restaurant venue can accommodate up to 80 people. To avoid being disappointed, we invite you to sign up early, but no later than October 1st, 2019 to avoid the late registration rates. You may check registration rates and/or register via Eventbrite. Registration rates include dinner and drinks for one.
Student tickets are free; contact Craig Hudson via email (email@example.com) for more information. Please note that spaces are limited.
The conference will start at 2:00pm.
We are excited to bring you representation from all facets of the industry, including Operators, Academics, Vendors, Engineering Consultants, which is guaranteed to provide a rich learning experience.
We are pleased to announce the following presentations line-up:
• Start-up, commissioning and optimization of the gravity circuit at Atlantic Gold’s Moose River Project in Eastern Canada – Alex Frey, Sepro Mineral Systems Corp
• Goldboro - Project Update – Chris Budgell, Anaconda Mining
• Best practice – Cyclone operation in the plant – Mark Schmidt, Weir Minerals Canada
• Solids sampling at Australian iron ore sites – Alex Vo, Consep Pty Ltd.
• A case study in the use of online prompt gamma neutron activation analysis (PGNAA) technology for process control in a gold and nickel application – April Montera, SABIA, Inc.
• Bell Creek gold mine case study: Custom innovative trash screen panel solution – John Griffith, Polydeck
• Tailing dewatering - Challenges and innovations – Ajit Baruah, Outotec
• Reducing wear with deep cryogenics – Jack Cahn, Deep Cryogenics International
• Guest Speaker: Energy efficiency opportunities for the Nova Scotia mining sector – Sarah Mitchell, Efficiency Nova Scotia
• Keynote Presentation: Environmental legacy of historical gold mining in Nova Scotia: Learning from the past to improve future environmental performance – Michael Parsons, Natural Resources Canada, Geological Survey of Canada (Atlantic)
For inquiries on the technical program, contact Ziad Yamak via e-mail (Ziad.Yamak@newmont.com).
Call for Sponsors
The CMP is a non-profit organization and we rely on your support to ensure a successful and memorable event. Sponsorship details are provided via Eventbrite should you wish to sponsor this event where two levels of sponsorship packages are available:
• Standard Sponsor ($500)
• Atlantic CMP Founding Sponsor ($1000 or more via multiple Eventbrite tickets)
Donations can be made via Eventbrite.
If it is more convenient for you to pay by cheque, (payable to “CIM”), please notify Catherine Gagnon by e-mail and mail a cheque to:
Suite 1250, 3500 De Maisonneuve Blvd West,
Westmount, QC. H3Z 3C1
For any other inquiries on sponsorship details, please contact Catherine Gagnon via e-mail (Catherine_Gagnon@quadra.ca).
Thank you in advance for your support. We look forward to seeing you at the Atlantic CMP conference on October 16th, 2019.