Manager Service Delivery
FULL-TIME POSITION - APPLICATION DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 30TH
About the Organization
We’re helping people build a better world through efficiency—starting in our own province. Our role is to inform and motivate Nova Scotians to use less energy, use it smarter, and enjoy the good things efficiency brings. Not only are we deeply committed to climate change, but we are also a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has achieved more than $1 billion in energy savings and contributed over 24% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs and understand that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/
We are incredibly proud of our achievements and know one of the driving forces behind our success is our people, our values, and the behaviors we commit to every day as part of our culture.
If you want to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the transition to net-zero by 2050, and helps to build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
EfficiencyOne is looking for a Manager of Service Delivery who will be responsible for managing and leading teams who execute small to large technical projects, including the design and analysis stages associated with such projects. The Manager, of Service Delivery, would also be responsible for providing the tactical and operational leadership for programs and initiatives to ensure that program implementation is aligned with and meets strategic corporate objectives.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Effective delegation, follow-up, and coaching of individuals and teams to ensure goals, schedule, and quality requirements are met.
- Provide effective leadership of multiple project teams along with technical guidance and training to the program team.
- Defining the staff and budget resource requirements, operational expectations, and internal reporting requirements needed to achieve annual goals.
- Continuously monitor progress regarding initiative goals, budgets, and cost-effectiveness, making program tactical changes as needed.
- Develop and oversee department business plans to ensure the successful achievement of targets, including setting targets, forecasting, etc.
- Ensure programs meet Corporate, Utility, and Review Board (UARB) or Province of Nova Scotia requirements.
- Oversee and support the planning, design, and implementation of new services, pilots, and processes.
- Accountable for reporting responsibilities to senior management, the Board, Utility and Review Board, and other areas pertaining to programs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Working knowledge of the energy efficiency programs, and best practices related to managing technical projects and delivery of services to customers.
- Knowledge of building science principles, buildings, building systems (including lighting, building envelope, and mechanical systems), and combustion science
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, and reporting
- Experience managing and developing direct report(s) that are technical to achieve results.
- Demonstrated skills including attention to detail, customer focus, time management skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, take initiative and handle multiple tasks, and work to a high standard in an environment with tight timelines/deadlines
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Demonstrates integrity, quality, and attention to detail.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and eligible to practice as a Professional Engineer in Nova Scotia, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum five years of related experience in a leadership role
- Other relevant professional certifications such as LEED® AP, Certified Energy Manager (CEM), and Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) are considered assets.
- Experience with HVAC projects and analysis (chiller upgrades, VFD implementation), energy modeling, and related software(s) including CanQuest, eQuest, LEED projects, etc., and Industrial energy efficiency experience ASHRAE Level II/III energy audits.
Why you’ll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- Awesome benefits that start on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year
- Hybrid office model with the opportunity to work remotely
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team and contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of 2050 net-zero carbon
What to expect in your first several weeks on the job:
In the first week, expect to:
- Read programs’ materials to get more familiar with documentation, tools, and processes.
- Start performing core duties.
- Meet with members of your team and colleagues from across the organization to learn about your job responsibilities, program targets and history, and overall program goals.
In the first month, expect to:
- Perform core duties with limited support.
- Take on projects with support from your teammates.
- Establish a performance plan with your manager.
- Continue to learn more about documentation, tools, and processes
In the first three months, expect to:
- Perform core duties independently.
- Report on program results and progress.
- Meet with external partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in business planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities.
- Provide necessary approvals and authorizations.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter, clearly articulating how you meet the above-noted qualifications. Applications can be submitted in confidence to Nicole Durdle at the link below:
EfficiencyOne is committed to fostering a culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities.