Jun 26, 2020 - Sep 8, 2020
Enter the Centennial Photo Contest for a Chance to Win $500!
Engineers Nova Scotia is celebrating its 100th anniversary! In recognition of this milestone, we are seeking your finest Nova Scotia-based engineering photos to showcase the outstanding skill, creativity and leadership that has helped shape our province and contributed to a better quality of life for Nova Scotians. Suggested subjects include:
- Engineering Projects
- Engineers at Work
- Aspiring Engineers involved in STEM (2-19)
- Diversity in Engineering
- Sustainable Engineering
- Innovation in Engineering
- Restoration Engineering Projects
- Engineers Volunteering or Working in the Community
Judges will select first-, second-, and third-prize winners who will receive prepaid gift cards valued at $500, $300, and $200, respectively. The top twelve entries will be featured in a 2021 Engineers Nova Scotia Centennial calendar.
Contributors should provide a small narrative describing the subject, location, or event.
Submission requirements: This contest is open to Engineers Nova Scotia members only. All submissions must be digital -- in JPEG format, minimum of 2MB and maximum of 10MB -- and sent via email to PhotoContest@engineersnovascotia.ca. The following statement must be included in the body of the email.
"By submitting photos, I confirm that:
- Engineers Nova Scotia has the right to use the photos without any cost now or into the future, but will acknowledge the contributor at all times
- My images of Engineering Projects do not infringe on the rights of any Engineering Firm(s) involved within the project
- Any identifiable persons in my photos agree to allowing Engineers Nova Scotia to publish the photo now and into the future"
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 8, 2020