Vigilant is Canada’s first construction agency. Founded in 2012, our team of construction industry experts is committed to building trust and connecting teams. We listen to your needs, plan for success, strengthen relationships, and act in your best interest. We help everyone in your project succeed. At Vigilant, we are striving to create a construction industry that is guided by fairness, honesty, teamwork, and respect. We believe that construction in Atlantic Canada can be built on ideals that truly benefit everyone involved in any project. As the first construction agency in Canada, Vigilant offers a cutting-edge suite of services to owners, architects, and financial institutions in Atlantic Canada.
- Manage a wide variety of construction projects within both the private and public sector;
- Guide multi-disciplinary teams in the completion of preliminary and detailed design projects;
- Prepare correspondence, reports, specifications, schedules, cost reports, and meeting minutes;
- Perform contract administration through the use of web-based project management software;
- Attend and/or facilitate project meetings;
- Oversee project team direction as well as staff productivity, utilization, and coordination;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and budgets;
- Communicate with clients, agencies, stakeholders, and the public in a professional manner.
- Facilitate construction inspections, quality assurance, and construction coordination.
- Monitor staff productivity and utilization.
- Manage site safety and productivity.
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm and client focus.
- Lead and direct business development activities including preparation of proposal and statement of qualifications; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Skills & Qualifications
- Between eight and 15 years of experience within the construction industry in any combination of design, construction management, or project management;
- Experience in commercial construction and building systems is required.
- A university degree in engineering
- Effective collaboration and facilitation skills;
- A passion for safety and safety management in the construction industry;
- P.Eng is required;
- PMP, or LEED AP certifications (or equivalent) are beneficial, but not required;
- Experience in cost estimating/quantity surveying along with a CEC or PQS Designation (or equivalent) is beneficial, but not required; and
- An outgoing personality that seeks to develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders in the construction process.
This position is located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Travel within Atlantic Canada may be required for the position depending on project requirements. Vigilant has offices in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador, so applicants from those areas will have the option of working at the office. All employees of Vigilant have the option of working remotely or on a hybrid arrangement, depending on what works best for their situation.
Human Resources Department Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they meet the posted qualifications for the position. Proof of education/certifications must be provided prior to appointment.