JOB POSTING – CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECT/PRODUCT MANAGER
LOCATION - SYDNEY, CAPE BRETON ISLAND (UNAMA’KI), NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA
αlterβiota applies cutting edge nanomaterials, big data and digital technology to decarbonize the concrete industry while improving costs, performance and quality for our customers. We are a fast growing, cleantech company that is deeply committed to circular, net zero production of our products while remaining anchored in practical, value-driven solutions for industry.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Civil Engineer to join our growing team as a full time, permanent team member. This is a unique opportunity to meaningfully impact the early success of the company and contribute to the advancement of our transformational hydrous Bio-Graphene Oxide admixture and DIGITAL AGGREGATE products.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working independently with a strong sense of purpose and responsibility. As you will be advancing new technology, there is no playbook; critical thinking and practical problem-solving skills are essential. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues in a hands-on, innovation driven environment to develop, test and deploy new technologies to market.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Plan, manage and evaluate concrete product development and deployment activities, including pilot projects with industry partners.
- Develop and implement projects with partners, including establishing key customer value propositions, performance metrics, revenue models, “go-to-market” and pricing strategies.
- Participate directly in the design, development and piloting of new products and services.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Some experience working with aggregate and concrete products
- Concrete QV/QA and project management experience will be considered an asset
- Data analysis (at minimum Excel, ideally MATLAB, Python, SQL)
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents
- Ability to work independently with accuracy and urgency
- Articulate and capable of conveying the αlterβiota mission to a variety of audiences
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated English communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Familiarity working with computer vision and machine learning concepts
- Sound competence with field testing and instrumentation
Submit a combined PDF document of your resume, highlighting your relevant experience with a cover letter outlining why you are ready to join our team.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
We offer a competitive salary, ESOP, and health benefits.
We strive to be an organization of inclusion and diversity. Please feel free to indicate in your cover letter if you belong or self-identify in one of the underrepresented groups: Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
All applications will be reviewed, although only those selected for an interview will be contacted.