Radio Network Designer
Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1419
Monday, May 30, 2022
Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Reporting to the Manager of Radio Network Engineering, the Radio Network Designer focuses primarily on the radio network design and optimization of Eastlink’s wireless networks to meet the business requirements.
- Perform detailed Radio Frequency Engineering for Eastlink sites (antenna selection, power level adjustment, noise calculation, link budget calculation, etc.) in assigned geographic area(s).
- Conduct field surveys & site evaluations for all potential wireless sites and small cells.
- Work closely with the Site Acquisition and Network Implementation teams in assigned geographic area(s).
- Perform Radio Network optimization tasks for assigned sites and site clusters with current technologies and configurations including: 5G, VoLTE, 4x4 MIMO, Carrier Aggregation, and other LTE-Advanced features.
- Monitor, maintain and improve radio network performance of assigned sites and site clusters through the evaluation/interpretation of network statistical and field collected drive data.
- Monitor, maintain and plan for future radio network capacity needs for assigned site clusters.
- Perform troubleshooting to support the Wireless Operations group.
- Produce and maintain all required site documentation
- Test and validate new technology and network features prior to implementation.
- Perform network planning to support business cases requirement.
- The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, subject to Federal Human rights law.
What you will bring:
As the ideal candidate you have Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with minimum of 3 or more years’ experience with wireless access networks or equivalent experience. You have a detailed understanding of Radio Network design fundamentals, practical knowledge of the LTE and 5G air interfaces, experience with Radio equipment and related accessories, experience locating wireless network sites in challenging municipal jurisdictions, experience in analysis and capacity planning, previous usage of Propagation modeling software along with drive data collection and post processing network optimization tools. You must possess a valid provincial driver’s license for this position.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.