GN Thermoforming Equipment is an internationally recognized manufacturer of quality machinery and tooling for the plastics industry, presently exporting to over 70 countries. We are located 40 minutes south of the City of Halifax in the picturesque seaside community of Chester, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia www.gncanada.com
Since our first export almost 40 years ago, we continue to expand our product line and services to the thermoforming industry. We are proud of our reputation of supplying our customers with quality, innovative products and excellent customer service.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Designer to join our Engineering Team to support Production, R&D projects including new machine design, and after sales support. The successful candidate will be responsible to prepare engineering designs, drawings and related technical information.
Required qualifications include:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Technology, Certified Engineering Technologist, or equivalent qualifications.
- Fluent use of CAD software tools to generate schematics and production drawings.
- Knowledge of electromechanical equipment and industrial control systems.
- Work in a team environment.
Work experience with the following will be considered an asset:
- Solidworks electrical.
- Knowledge and experience with ANSI & ISO drawing standards.
- Panel layout design.
- Experience in industrial process, manufacturing, industrial, etc.
- Developing cost estimates.
- Commissioning and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills.
Our Vision to “Build Success with Our Customers” is made possible through our culture of innovation, integrity, honesty, drive, spirit, commitment and respect.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to, medical & dental coverage, life and AD&D insurance, disability benefits and RRSP matching program.
Are you interested in joining our team? A brief video introduction to GN can be seen by clicking the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZWd_21x3U.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and covering letter, including wage expectations, in confidence to:
GN Thermoforming Equipment
PO Box 710
Chester, Nova Scotia
Attention: Vivian Rafuse, HR Manager
OR, APPLY ON-LINE
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.