Position Title: Senior Civil Construction Engineer, LNG
Reports to: LNG Engineering Manager
Location: Halifax, NS
Pieridae is Canada’s only independent, publicly traded LNG company, focused on developing the multi-billion-dollar Goldboro LNG Project and export facility off Canada’s East Coast.
Many key elements are in place: the majority of key permits, a 20-year contract with German energy company Uniper to buy half of Goldboro’s gas, confirmation of eligibility in principle of an untied loan guarantee of up to US$4.5 billion from the German Government, a signed Benefits Agreement with the Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq, and the opportunity for Goldboro’s natural gas to replace high emissions coal, lowering global GHGs.
This successful candidate will become part of Pieridae Energy Owner Engineering team to oversee civil and structural engineering and construction planning and execution related to the owner’s following scope of work, but not limited to: LNG facility site civil works, marine causeway, temporary water treatment ponds (TWTP), highway diversion, fresh water pipeline, buildings and other related requirements. The position requires that you apply knowledge and experience gained from extensive design and execution over 10+ years, with experience in mega project site preparation, road construction, LNG tank construction and marine structures.
Based in Halifax, this role will be working closely with the Pieridae Energy Owner Engineering team, consultants and the EPCC contractor during the design, specifications development and bid evaluation phases to ensure successful delivery of Final Investment Decision (FID) of the project in June 2021. Thereafter, detailed design, procurement, module fabrication, construction, and commissioning. Key deliverables are design optimization, compliance to codes and environmental approvals, due diligence documentation gathering, and schedule integration for the various projects.
For this role you will be expected to travel to the Goldboro site for contractor engagements. You will also be expected to travel on occasion to our Calgary head office and perhaps to Houston TX and Europe, the location of the main EPCC contractor for LNG facility and Marine Offshore EPCC Companies
- Manage all aspects of the project related to civil and structural design, engineering specifications and construction activities.
- Hold consultants and contractors accountable to contracts, applicable codes, environmental commitments, project cost and schedule.
- Work with the EPC Contractor on owner project integration and critically review, and challenge costs related to all pertinent engineering designs. You will also ensure that such work meets all Canadian and Nova Scotian Standards, where applicable.
- The successful applicant will have experience in LNG tank and marine designs
- Work effectively on project in a highly dynamic team-environment that have tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility while requiring great accuracy, initiative, and the ability to multi-tasks.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company's Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations, and standards.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, registered professional engineer in Nova Scotia.
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
- Previous experience and understanding of large project contracts and execution.
- Experience with review of estimates and material take-off quantities.
- Excellent communication, planning and budgeting skills.
- Proven ability to problem solve under pressure while engaging with different levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident only need to apply, resident of Nova Scotia is preferred.
Application deadline is December 1st, 2020
Email resume: HR@pieridaeenergy.com
Pieridae offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, in addition to bonus and stock option programs. We offer unique opportunities for self-starting individuals to have material impact on the shaping and success of our company.