The will be a key member of the Quality Team ensuring effective implementation of the Quality Management System. This is a permanent, full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for work-in-process inspection
- Develop process control documentation, including the needs of both the internal and external customer
- Develop appropriate steps to maintain and/or improve business processes
- Monitor and trend business quality metrics as part of a daily management program that includes daily, weekly and project level metrics
- Lead the resolution of quality issues in the business, including the use of root cause analysis and contingency plans as appropriate
- Educate and train the workforce in best practices needed to maintain quality work
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Alongside Technical Authority, interpret and implement customer specifications and regulatory requirements
- Perform audits of in process work to ensure compliance with documented shipyard engineering processes
- Perform internal audits
- Education Required: Post-Secondary Degree in Engineering
- Years of Experience Required
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience (shipbuilding industry experience would be considered an asset)
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001 compliance standards
- ISO 9001 auditor certification
- Proven ability to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast-moving environment
- Ability to work independently, set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities, and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence, as well as gain commitment
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.