ABLE Engineering Services Inc. is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm that is experienced in the design of a wide range of projects. We excel in civil and structural engineering, surveying and the design of infrastructure systems for commercial, residential, government and industrial projects.
We are seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering Department. As a Structural Engineer, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team to assist in the planning, design, and development of construction projects and the assessment and rehabilitation of various types of structures.
Responsibilities of this position:
- Assist in the delivery of engineering projects including preliminary design, structural design, detailed design and construction phase services
- Review and authenticate (stamp) design work generated by junior staff
- Collaborate within multidisciplinary project teams including structural, civil, municipal, etc.
- Assist with business development activities, including proposal preparation initiation and submission, reports and presentations
- Handle direct administrative activities such as document control, quality control, etc.
- Ensure construction plans comply with all relevant building codes and client standards.
- Prepare and deliver project specifications.
Qualifications and skills required:
- A degree in civil engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of five to 10 years of structural design experience in timber, steel and concrete.
- Knowledge of current National Building Code and structural engineering codes.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software including S-Frame or similar with dynamic analysis capability as well as proficiency in current AutoCAD and other building systems software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage a team of 5+ people
ABLE offers competitive salaries, the opportunity for future ownership, exceptional health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.
Thank you kindly for your consideration. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Able Engineering Services Inc.
4073 Highway 3
Chester, Nova Scotia