GN Thermoforming Equipment is an internationally recognized manufacturer of quality machinery and tooling for the plastics industry, presently exporting to over 70 countries. We are located 40 minutes south of the City of Halifax in the picturesque seaside community of Chester, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia www.gncanada.com
Since our first export more than 35 years ago, we continue to expand our product line and services to the thermoforming industry. We are proud of our reputation of supplying our customers with quality, innovative products and excellent customer service.
We have an immediate opening for two (2) Electrical Designers/Programmers to join our Engineering Team. This role is responsible for developing and supporting the automation system for our world leading products like the GN800: http://www.gnplastics.com/videos/gn800.mp4
If you have a passion for programming and machine automation then we would like to hear from you.
To be an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills, experience and attributes.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a diploma in Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent through experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in textual programming languages (Structured Text, C).
- Familiarity with motion control programming, controller design and PLCopen standards.
- Good understanding of the functioning of automated industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of software project lifecycles
- Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality.
- Strong attention to detail.
The following skills and attributes are desirable
- Experience with design of electrical control/PLC systems.
- Experience with issue / bug tracking, software repositories and version control.
- Project management skills and experience with Agile.
- Test automation and unit testing.
Our Vision to “Build Success with Our Customers” is made possible through our culture of innovation, integrity, honesty, drive, spirit, commitment and respect.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to, medical & dental coverage, life and AD&D insurance, disability benefits and RRSP matching program.
Are you interested in joining our team? A brief video introduction to GN can be seen by clicking the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZWd_21x3U.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and covering letter, including wage expectations, in confidence to:
GN Thermoforming Equipment
PO Box 710
Chester, Nova Scotia
Attention: Vivian Rafuse, HR Manager
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.