Application Designer – Industrial Automation
GN Thermoforming Equipment is an internationally recognized manufacturer of quality machinery for the plastics industry, presently exporting to over 70 countries. We are located 40 minutes south of the City of Halifax in the picturesque seaside community of Chester, Nova Scotia. www.gncanada.com
Since our first export almost 40 years ago, we continue to enhance our product line and services to the thermoforming industry. We are proud of our reputation of supplying our customers with quality, innovative products and excellent customer service.
We have an immediate opening for an Application Designer with experience in industrial automation programming. The successful candidate will be part of a team that designs, specifies and implements electrical controls for all GN offered machinery. In addition, you will mentor and share your knowledge and experience will junior programmers while ensuring industry standard best practices are being maintained.
GN’s unique and fast paced environment, enables innovative design of new equipment from concept through prototype and testing to completion of a market ready product. Our onsite production environment offers hands on experience with the products and programs you develop.
Required qualifications include:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering; Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent qualifications to fulfill the job as outlined.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience with industrial automation programming (structured text, C & C++, or equivalent).
• Experience and solid knowledge of Motion control systems;
• Proven skills in Software design and Software Project Management.
• Willing/able to travel internationally for training or customer support.
• Work in a team environment.
Work experience with the following will be considered an asset:
• Project Management skills.
• Knowledge of object oriented programming.
• Interest in PC and PLC hardware applications, mechanical and electrical systems and physics.
• Experience with industrial computing and implementation of Industry 4.0 applications to improve customer experience and productivity.
• Experience with Thermoforming technology. • Strong time management and problem solving skills.
• Ability and experience in troubleshooting technical support issues.
Our Vision to “Build Success with Our Customers” is made possible through our culture of innovation, integrity, honesty, drive, spirit, commitment and respect.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to, medical & dental coverage, life and AD&D insurance, disability benefits & RRSP matching program.
Are you interested in joining our team? A brief video introduction to GN can be seen by clicking the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZWd_21x3U.
Interested candidates should forward their Resume and covering letter, including salary expectations, in confidence to:
GN Thermoforming Equipment
PO Box 710 Chester,
Nova Scotia B0J 1J0
Attention: Vivian Rafuse, Human Resources Manager
OR: APPLY ON-LINE
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.