The latest version of IEEE 1584 was released in September 2018, after 16 years!
This workshop will walk through the current state of electrical safety including the local regulations and standard, how to perform an arc flash analysis with the latest version of IEEE 1584, what goes on the arc flash labels, and discuss acceptable mitigration techniques.
Some of the main topics we will cover are:
- Electrical Safety Refresher
- What is an Arc Flash Analysis – IEEE 1584.1
- Basics of Power System Model development
- Data Collection and documentation procedures
- Incident Energy Studies and Recommendations
- Methods of arc flash mitigation
This workshop assumes that the attendees already have some introduction to power system modelling, short circuit analysis, protection corrdination, etc.
Date: Friday, 7 June, 2019
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Venue: Halifax Central Library, Room: Lindsay Room, 5440 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, NS B3J 1E9
IEEE PES-IAS Society Members: $200.00
IEEE Members (all grades): $250.00
Non-IEEE Members: $350.00
* Seats are limited (max 20). Please register early to reserve your spot.