Are you a professional currently living in Atlantic Canada who wants to support international students to live, work, and stay in the region?
The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program is for exceptional and motivated international students who are committed to living, working, and contributing to communities to Atlantic Canada.
Each Atlantic province (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador) offers a province-wide program that connects final year (graduating) international students directly to the labour market, helping them to build valuable employment skills, gain workplace knowledge, and build meaningful and professional connections through workshops, networking, and mentorship.
As mentor you will:
· Meet with your assigned student a between 4-6 times between February 2021 - July 2021;
· Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections;
· Provide feedback on strengths and areas of improvement;
· Respond to students and be open to answering questions about working in Nova Scotia;
· Be available to support your student as she/he transitions from ‘student’ to ‘professional’.
Mentors contribute to the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program by supporting international students to stay, live, and work in Atlantic Canada post-graduation. Become a mentor today!
Want to know more about how the program started? Check out a video that highlights Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program, which in Nova Scotia, was formerly known as ‘Stay in Nova Scotia’.