Nov 12, 2019 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
University of New Brunswick, Fredericton
Natural Resources Canada sponsored a Workshop on the Development of an Open Modelling Platform for Electrification and Deep Decarbonization Studies in Montreal on February 21 and 22, 2019. The resulting Energy Modelling Initiative is supporting, in collaboration with local researchers, three regional workshops in Victoria, Ottawa and Fredericton. These workshops are bringing together local energy modellers and users to expand the inventory of modelling tools, identify region-specific needs, and to develop new collaborations as Canada moves towards a clean electric future. The next steps include a national forum to be held in Montreal in December 2019.
1. Convene the regional modelling community – modellers and users
2. Lay out policy’s use of and demand for modelling results
3. Explore how to strengthen the community through collaborations and enhanced policy relevance
4. Provide input for a regional report on energy system modelling in Atlantic Canada
5. Identify the essential ingredients for a unified modelling community and expectation from both modellers and policy makers
• Capturing an overview of models and range of applications
• Identifying gaps in modelling approaches
For more information and to register please click here.