The will work closely with the Quality Control Team to monitor production work and identify trends and areas requiring focus from a Quality perspective, while insuring customer and regulatory requirements are met. This is a permanent, full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- Participation in QC inspections of production work for the purpose of developing and implementing methods / procedures for work-in-process inspections.
- Take direct ownership of the Records Test Center. This includes analyzing NDE and Hydro requirements, managing ITP completions system for the Mega Block and Land Level, leading review of production records submitted.
- Key liaison with Test and Trial team to take test and trials results and track backwards to develop improvements to system for QC checking.
- Overall management of QC metrics and QC specific procedures.
- Lead investigations of non -conformances and systemic issues identified by QC.
- Lead a small team of 2 inspection schedulers.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Naval marine environment
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Knowledge of Classification Society / IACS rules and regulations
- Proven ability to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast moving environment
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extensive experience working in a shipbuilding facility and a manufacturing environment
- Experience in data collection, management and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Advanced level computer skills
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.