- Provide subject matter expertise for all engineering and technical aspects of the HCCS EG
- Develop and maintain a Systems Engineering Management Plan describing the processes and controls that will be implemented to provide Engineering Support to the HCCS EG
- Develop and implement an Engineering Change (EC) process for HCCP EG configuration items that aligns with Canada’s EC process approval gates
- Coordinate and manage the IMP A&D HCCS EG System Engineering Support Organization, including Configuration and Data Management and Logistics Support Analysis staff
- Implement and manage a Regulatory Requirements Management and Reporting system
- Participate in the HCCS EG Integrated Equipment Management Team (EMT) to ensure a complete and fully compliant equipment suite is provided in accordance with relevant governing standards and HSSC requirements
- Liaise and coordinate with the Customer Design Agent and with HCCS EG OEMs on all engineering/technical matters
- Provide engineering oversight to the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) that describe any proposed changes to the form, fit or function of the HCCS EG.
- Develop, support the conduct of, and assess the results of DND Integrated Test and Trial Plans and Procedures related to ECPs
- Carry out Certification activities for any modifications to, or deviations from, the baseline Canadian configuration of the HCCS EG
- Conduct and/or oversee technical investigations and engineering studies
- Support the IMP HCCS EG Program Manager in developing solutions to issues reported through the Technical Problem Management System
- Provide engineering oversight to the development of Value Engineering propositions offering Canada increased value for money
- Prepare detailed monthly reports and participate in monthly Technical Review Meetings detailing all Engineering activities in work and/or completed during the reporting period
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Electronics preferred)
- Registration (or eligibility for registration) to practice as a Professional Engineer in Canada
- Formal training in Systems Engineering Management is desirable
- Minimum 8 years recent experience in Systems Engineering activities in the Defence sector
- Minimum 4 years recent experience in Systems Engineering activities in Naval Radar systems
- A demonstrated awareness or participation in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Applicant must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.