Job Title:Project Manager, Naval Combat SystemsJob Posting #:5234
Reports To:VP ProgramsPosition Type:Permanent Full-Time
- Project Management oversight and responsibility for multiple teams.
- Point of Contact with the Customer Representatives at the Program or Project level.
- Adhere too and promote Industry Standard Project Management processes and techniques.
- Prepare and, as required, update the Project Management Plan (PMP) and subordinate plans to reflect how the Project you are responsible for will operate and how it will be managed.
- Ensure Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) for your area of responsibility are adhered to.
- Apply effective Risk/Opportunity Management techniques as part of your daily routine and regularly monitor the process and registers for compliance.
- Monitor costs/schedule performance of assigned Project and where necessary initiate corrective action as required to meet budgetary and delivery objectives.
- Provide oversight in the preparation and distribution of reports and correspondence to internal and external clients and customers.
- Liaise with functional managers, Naval personnel and OEMs involved with the resolution of problems, preparation of estimates, and status of related tasks for both Management and Emergent Work.
- Chair internal and external progress review meetings.
- Monitor incoming message traffic and reports related to Project activities and policies.
- Be cognizant and have oversight of other project activities outside of your area of responsibility to ensure that by working with the other PMs that Customer objectives are being met by reducing conflicting requirements.
- Complete routine administrative duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in the last ten (10) years as a project manager of a Defence contract in engineering or maintenance support at the equipment and system level of at least $5M CAD in value per year for each of the eight (8) years of experience AND a certification from the Project Management Institute as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Ten (10) years’ experience in the last fifteen (15) years as a project manager of a Defence contract in engineering or maintenance support at the equipment and system level of at least $5M CAD in value per year for each of the Ten (10) years of experience.
- Post-Secondary Education – Naval, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree would be an asset.
- Extensive experience in the Canadian Naval Defence Industry or Canadian Maritime Forces.
- Familiarization with the Halifax-Class Combat systems is desirable.
- Advanced Project Management experience is essential – must have previous experience managing major programs.
- Project Management Designation (PMP) highly weighted.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), must have experience chairing meetings – will be required to chair internal & external customer meetings and interface with customers and or Government executive level personnel.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
- Results Driven.
- Experienced in and able to apply Risk Management Techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills – will be required to lead multiple Project teams.
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring many personnel across IMP’s matrix organization meet the Program(s) requirements on assigned aircraft.
- Some travel required in Canada, USA and Europe.
- Must have good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities in your area.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Applicant must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.