Emmerson Packaging is a third-generation family-owned company. We are an industry leader in flexible packaging solutions and we love what we do! We pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding the highest quality standards in everything we do, including adding talented people to our team! This passion and pride, has won us the distinction of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed companies for 9 years running.
Our Values say it best:
- We enhance our lives by helping others succeed
- We care about our clients, each other, and our communities
- We are responsible for the outcome of our actions
- We strive to do the right thing, even if it costs us
If you share our values, you should come work with us! Visit our website!
As a member of the Engineering team, you’ll be an essential contributor to our success, and we’ll look to you to grow our reputation and help our customers be successful. You will provide technical guidance and expertise to all departments on the introduction of new equipment and technologies and implementation of process improvement opportunities.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree (Industrial or Mechanical)
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft suite of programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; able to multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills (people skills)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status with Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia (APENS)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Project Management experience
- Experience working with industrial ventilation
- Working knowledge of Solid Works
What's in it for YOU?
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Profit Sharing program
- Training and development support
- Being part of an awesome team
Interested candidates are asked to respond in confidence as follows:
Human Resources Department
12 Tupper Boulevard
Amherst, NS B4H 4S7