The Transportation and Logistics division of JD Irving, Inc. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking a Director of Rail Services for NBM Railways located in Saint John, N.B. Our railway operation is comprised of three short line railways offering complete logistics and transportation solutions.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Rail Services is a key senior member of the leadership team responsible for growing and leading the Rail Services business in Canada and North Eastern US. The successful candidate will have a track record of effective leadership, commercial success, continuous improvement / optimization, safe operations, and teamwork.
- Ownership of the P&L for Rail Services - develop and manage performance targets, improvement initiatives, teamwork, and overall business leadership
- Lead in the areas of project management, sales, operational excellence, customer service, continuous improvement/optimization and safety
- Develop and lead all aspects of commercial projects including job analysis, quoting, forecasting, and cost control
- Manage annual strategic planning, and budgeting for the area of responsibility
- Promote a safe work environment in all activities; including compliance to regulatory requirements & company policies and communicating and correcting safety concerns
- Develop, lead and motivate a diverse team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. MBA would be considered an asset
- 5-10 years of experience at the leadership level; commercial experience is an asset
- Strong leadership skills and behaviors with an emphasis on project management, efficient operations and quality work;
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with a proven track record of growing a business, and managing deadlines and priorities;
- The ability to develop, motivate, and foster positive relationships with customers and team.
Please apply online for this opportunity: http://r.rfer.us/JDIcUw5m8