Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the System Designer is responsible for the design and implementation of capital projects in the Outside Plant network. Taking ownership of design projects, the System Designer will develop and track project schedules, complete coaxial and fiber designs in accordance with establish standards, issue work to contractors, schedule construction, and order/monitor all materials associated with the project. The System Designer will also prepare and issue tenders, provide project cost estimates for budgeting, prepare capital expenditure approval documentation and will be responsible for handling matters pertaining to contractor quotes and invoicing ensuring accuracy.
The successful candidate will be customer focused, have exceptional analytical and communication skills coupled with the skills sets to manage multiple projects effectively within a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or completion of an Electronic Technologist/Technician program
- 2 years of previous work experience in telecom outside plant (Coax, copper, fibre) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD or similar design programs
- Exposure to project management principals, previous project management experience an asset
- Ability to anticipate, identify, solve and prevent problems
- Understanding of capital budgets
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while taking ownership of individual responsibilities
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry an asset
- Participate in and support a positive work environment
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.